Don’t be shy!

Join the readers below and share your thoughts and response to FRANKLY

Showing 25 comments
  • Cathy Kennedy

I just read FRANKLYmag for the first time. As I read it, I kept thinking of all those we meet in our evangelisation work who have lapsed in their practice of faith but are spiritual, mindful and actively engaged in assessing today’s culture and forming values to pass on to their kids. This magazine answers many of the kinds of questions they ask and gently introduces the joy and meaning of Catholic faith and life. We can’t wait to offer FRANKLYmag to them! Thank you.

Cathy Kennedy
    Director
    CREDO (Office for Evangelisation & Renewal, Archdiocese of Sydney)

• Rob Cosgrove

To be absolutely frank, earnest, genuine and honest about it ‘Frankly’ is fantastic. The editorial team, Marilyn Rodriguez and Francine Pirola, have completed an extraordinary task with this publication – great reading, bite-size, engaging and topical, combined with stunning photography and a modern design to rival anything on the magazine rack of a big city newsagent. For busy parents, young adults, well anyone really, this truly is a wonderful ‘gift’ to inspire, nurture and enliven relationships of the soul and the heart.

Rob Cosgrove
    Evangelisation
    Archdiocese of Brisbane

• Christopher West

From the title to the layout to the content – I love Frankly! This is just the kind of thing we need to reach people in the new evangelization. Well done!

Christopher West
    Founder and President, The Cor Project
    Senior Lecturer of Theology & Christian Anthropology, Theology of the Body Institute

• Andy Mullins

Congratulations! What a beaut feel for a family magazine. With magazine articles that add value for once… Good Weekend move over!

Andy Mullins

• Bishop Peter Ingham

Congratulations on the production of “FRANKLY” – what a polished and attractive product. I shall be ordering copies and also recommending it to our Diocesan Agencies. You have a great gift for selling the message in a delicious way for consumers. Strength to your arm!

Bishop Peter Ingham,
    Diocese of Wollongong

• Dr. Greg Popcak

What a terrific publication. I’m so grateful for your work in presenting the Catholic faith as a truly positive option. Really phenomenal work!

Dr. Greg Popcak
    Founder/Director: Pastoral Solutions Institute

• Angela Barlow

Thank you for the issue of Frankly that arrived at our office today. My early twenties children, all 4 of them, took turns commenting on the style of it. Congratulations! It feels and looks beautiful.

• Charles Galea

Dear Editors,
    It was a pleasure reading those snippets of beautiful writings in the Frankly. They are so inspiring and full of serene and positive thoughts that celebrate the life of us. The short and sweet approach leaves an impact on the reader and makes one think about what was written. It is a novel approach reminiscent of Saints like Merton and Escriva. It will occupy a prominent place in the library for the young men to browse and read.Thank you!

Cheers,
    Charles

• Philipa - FRANKLY Team

HOW EXCITING! Big call out to Ascot Vale Parish in Melbourne who have placed an order for 25 boxes – We love that you can see how valuable FRANKLY will be for your Evangelisation efforts this Christmas. Cant wait to hear about the response from you! God Bless

• Claire

Makes being Catholic look like fun! Has something for everyone. A good read. Love the dog asking if cats go to heaven! Nice to read something meaningful, balanced, clever, intelligent and with humour

• Philipa - FRANKLY Team

Big news! Yesterday we reached orders for 34,000 copies of FRANKLY. We estimate that they will have a reach of approximately 40,000 people as they are passed around family and friends. Thank you to all those who have placed orders so far

• Jude Hennessy

Hi Byron and Francine and all the crew responsible for ”Frankly”. This is awesome, so cool and fresh. It is something I can confidently share with family and friends disconnected from faith knowing that it will present the Church just as it is, the vibrant joyful hope of the world. Articles are relevant and present the truths and challenges of the Church so credibly. As usual, Love your work guys!

Jude Hennessy
    Director of CCD and Evangelisation
    Diocese of Wollongong

• Teresa Pirola

Well done, on FRANKLY! I am hearing great feedback about it from my Broken Bay colleagues and networks. People appreciate its reader-friendliness and joyful spirit, and of course the focus on Pope Francis. Not to mention the price!!

Teresa Pirola
    Projects Officer / Ecumenism and Interfaith Relations
    Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay

• Dr. John Francis Collins

Congratulations on your website and e publications! The site and the publications are intelligent, beautiful and useful. I am to arrange for a link to your site from the Home Page of the National Office for Evangelisation website. Your family and your work is truly a gift to the Church

Dr John Francis Collins
    Acting Director
    National Office for Evangelisation – Catholic Enquiry Centre

• Philipa - FRANKLY Team

FANTASTIC News! 43,000 copies of FRANKLY have been distributed across Australia & New Zealand already!! FRANKLY is making a big impact and we pray that the freshness of FRANKLY impacts the many families who will receive it this Christmas. God Bless

• Marie Watts

Just picked your mag up after Mass (Father John suggested we do) I was very impress with the content, layout & message. As an older Catholic, & an Extraordinary Minister it resonated with me. I even read out various passages to my Husband who isn’t a Catholic (in fact he’s an Atheist) but drives me to Mass on occasions (that’s true Love after 57 years of Marriage)
    Keep up the good work, there’s a message there for all of us

• Rebecca Walker

Just finished reading Frankly from cover to cover as part of my Christmas recovery on Boxing Day! It was so engaging, entertaining, informative and easy to digest, with articles so very relevant and important written in a truly catholic way of compassion. No skirting the hard topics or beating around the bush either. The writing is upfront, honest and courageous, giving me a sense of pride in my faith. I love the high quality, thoughtful and modern images that helped bring the stories to life. An all-over refreshing read. My faves were ‘Gay, Catholic and doing fine’ – what an inspiration for us all…and ‘The father wound’…so helpful!! Thank you!

• Helen

What a beautiful read, this is what our Christian faith is about in todays world.

• Darren Siems

Thank you for copies of FRANKLY provided to the local Parish! FRANKLY is a beneficial read or browse in addition to morning Mass. FRANKLY gives a real life focus and bridge beyond the Word. It helps me keep a Christian momentum in my day, hooray!

• Frances

The FRANKLY publication is excellent! My husband and I both read it, having picked up a copy at the Cathedral and have since passed it on to our son. We loved the focus on reconciliation, especially in this Year of Mercy, and the stories associated with it. We also thought the articles on relationships were excellent. It is a fabulous, quality publication that will be passed around from one person to the next. Congratulations to you all, and I look forward to seeing the next edition when its available.

Frances
    Helensburgh Catholic Parish

• Jacqui Field

I’ve just come across ‘Frankly’ magazine for the first time and wanted to say Congratulations. It is wonderful! A fantastic resource for the contemporary time poor stressed out Catholic

• Sr. Elizabeth Morris

I have just ordered another box of Frankly, as we ran out of books on Christmas Day!!!
    The response from people has been very positive, and we have decided to give a Frankly book to each young couple as they present their children for the Sacraments.Thank you very much and I look forward to our next box of Frankly books

Sister Elizabeth Morris
    Pastoral Director
    Bordertown-Keith-Kingston SA

• Mary-Ann Thackray

We ordered the Frankly magazine and everyone in the Parish loves it – This is a wonderful publication! In fact I am about to try and order some more! Thanks for your amazing faith and work!

• Francis Joseph Egan

I am proud of the Pope for his commitment to the love of the human race; the poor, the abused, the homosexual etc. FRANKLY mag is taking Christ’s messages to the everyone in today’s terms. This mag is a giant step in the right direction. I can only hope my sons will read it and begin some discussion to renew their faith. Our parish handed it to all parishioners at Sunday Mass. What a joy to get something as good as this for free!
    God Bless you

• Angeline Lee

Hi FRANKLY Team,
    We took home a copy of FRANKLY at Christmas and I initially thought to myself “this will be another Church periodical with the same old stories” Little did I know, I would ponder over every article! I felt the stories in FRANKLY were written just for me – I could relate to them. I thoroughly enjoyed reading every article in FRANKLY! A big thankyou, BUT I will not pass it on… Its too good to leave my home.

Angeline Lee